CBD The ULTIMATE Vegan & Gluten-Free Avocado Toast!
Green Recipes With Sydney
- 2 Slices Of Gluten-Free/Vegan Toast
- 1 Large Avocado
- Vegan Cream Cheese (optional)
- Fresh Dill
- 2 Cherry Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Chilli Flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- Pomegranate Seeds
- 8 Drops Of Organic 10% CBD Oil
Prep/cook time: Just minutes!
Serving: Serves 1-2 people.
Simple & Deliciousness
I absolutely love this recipe. It is so simple, delicious, and takes barely any time! I make this recipe all the time. I have always been a huge fan of avocado toast and have tried countless variations. Whenever I am eating breakfast or lunch at a restaurant, it is what I usually order as it’s pretty much always vegan and has me feeling full for hours.
Although this is my go-to when I am eating out, I much prefer making it myself. It is pretty hard to mess up avocado toast. After playing around with different toppings and additional ingredients, I feel as though I have mastered my avocado toast recipe.
The following text describes exactly how I make my version of avocado toast from start to finish.
First, let’s start with the most important part; the avocado!
- I start by cutting the avocado in half, pitting the seed and scrapping it out of its skin with a spoon and into a bowl. Once I have my avocado in my bowl, I start to mash it up with a fork. From there, I add some olive oil, salt/pepper, and chilli flakes. If you tend to stay away from spicy food, then feel free to skip the chilli flakes on this one!
- When I am done with my mashing up avocado, I place my bread in the oven. If you have a toaster, use that, of course! While I let that toast, I get out all of my other toppings.
- I start to prepare the toppings by cutting both of the cherry tomatoes into 4 pieces each. You can gut the gooey seeds from these little pieces if you like. I usually don’t gut the tomato seeds. However, I did try to make the photos in this cooking blog look a little bit nicer. Once I have 8 tiny pieces of tomato, I cut a few pieces of fresh dill leaves as well. I don’t cut these too small, because I want to be able to taste the dill through all of the other flavours.
Enjoy excessive creamy-ness
When the toast is done, I am ready to start layering the toppings. The first topping I add is a generous spread of vegan cream cheese. I used Oatly’s natural vegan cream cheese for this recipe. However, you can use whatever vegan cream cheese you like for this. In all honestly, this step is not even necessary. I only add it because I enjoy excessive creamy-ness – haha! If you are like me and want to add that those extra creamy textures, I highly recommend giving this step a try! This is a step I haven’t seen anyone else do with avocado toast yet, and I don’t know why because it is a great way to upgrade any avocado toast recipe!
After I have added my cream cheese, I then glob on my mashed avocado onto each slice. Before I add anything else, I actually cut each piece in half, creating 4 small pieces. I literally only do this because it is more aesthetically pleasing and it feels like you are eating more food than you actually are- which is a great tip for anyone out there trying to master healthy portion control! Try making the food on your plate seem like more than it is-this will trick your brain into thinking you are eating more!
Add some more Healthy Greens!
Now I have 4 small pieces of warm toasted bread with the 2 delicious spreads applied. Here comes the fun part- toppings!
The first topping I add is my organic 10% CBD oil that I get from Green Cuisine CBD! All of the ingredients in this recipe is Organic. I really value organic ingredients when it comes to getting as much high-quality nutrition as I can out of whatever I am eating. Of course, this recipe does not necessarily require Organic ingredients. However, when it comes to CBD, I think ensuring your drops are Organic is very important. That is a big reason why I choose Green Cuisine CBD’s oil.
I usually add a few drops of normal olive oil over my avocado toast. Since the only two ingredients in these drops are CBD and olive oil, it makes for the perfect substitute. I added 2 drops of the CBD oil only each cut piece of bread, although, you can add as much or as little CBD as you wish!
The Final Touch!
Next, I added the following to each small piece:
- 2 slices of the cherry tomatoes
- Fresh Dill Leaves
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Chilli Flakes (optional)
- Salt & Pepper
Feel free to add or subtract to this list of toppings! Do whatever you feel will please your taste buds the most! This is a healthy, colourful delicious CBD dish that is definitely worth trying. It’s perfect if you are in a rush but still want something tasty and nutritious.
That about wraps up this week’s CBD recipe! I hope you enjoyed this write up and give this a go yourself.